Customer Policy & Charter
Victoria Shopping Centre opened in 1992 and is located opposite the Railway and Bus Station on Station Parade in the town centre. It has 31 retailers including T K Maxx, W H Smith, New Look, Sports Direct and HMV.
Victoria Shopping Centre’s opening hours are set out below:-
Monday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Tuesday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Wednesday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Thursday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday 8.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday 10.00am – 4.30pm
Whilst there is no Customer Service Desk, the Management Suite is located on the First Floor in the corridor to the side of HMV near the lift. In addition, there is a Security Control Office which is also located on the First Floor in the corridor to the side of HMV.
Our Services and Facilities:-
Male and female toilets are located on Station Parade adjacent the taxi rank. A disabled toilet is also provided. These are free of charge.
Cash points are located outside Eurochange on the Ground Floor and also outside the building on Market Place next to Le Gourmet.
The centre provides free WiFi through BT.
Young persons under the age of 13 should be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Young persons aged 17 and under should not be in groups of more than three.
Guide dogs/assistance dogs are permitted in the centre.
This is in line with the national ban on smoking in public places.
No Skateboarding/No Cycling/No Scooters
This is to ensure the safety of our shoppers in a busy location.
Alcohol cannot be consumed on the malls
Nearby Services & Facilities
Victoria Multi Storey Car Park is attached to the Shopping Centre but is run and managed by Harrogate Borough Council.
Our Commitment to Customer Service Excellence
- Promote a clean and safe shopping experience
- Provide well trained security and cleaning staff who are friendly and happy to help
- Provide up to date and clear information on all our services, whether social media or the centre website
- Continually review new customer services that can be introduced
Our Commitment to Accessible Services
We promise to provide customers with the assistance they need to access our services and make their visit pleasant, enjoyable and safe.
Our Commitment to Acting on Customer’s Feedback
We promise to listen to what customers tell us and welcome their comments. Feedback can be provided on our website, Facebook and Twitter. We promise to fully investigate and respond to any complaints within 24 hours. We also participate in a quarterly Mystery Shopper Programme and receive feedback from that.
We are committed to learn from our customer’s comments and improve our service as a result.
Our aim is to provide a high standard of customer service by understanding the needs and expectations of all of our customers. We are committed to positively interacting with our customers. We will train our staff to deliver quality customer service standards and we will endeavour to ensure that the Victoria Shopping Centre is a safe, secure, clean and accessible environment for all visitors, at all times.
Customer Service Charter
The Standards of Service our Customers Can Expect
The Victoria Shopping Centre has a core set of values which cover the behaviour of our employees and extends to all our relationships with visitors, tenants and key stakeholders who visit and work within the centre.
RESPECT: We respect all people, their ideas and cultures.
INTEGRITY: We will be true to our word and leave a positive impact through our actions and behaviours.
INNOVATION: We will strive to find the best solution for you and dare to do things differently.
COLLABORATION: We will work together with you to achieve more.
EXCELLENCE: We are committed to operating safely to achieve outstanding performance and the best outcomes.
TRUST: We will be accountable at every level and in all of our interactions.
In providing our services, we value:
- Meeting the needs of our community
- The diversity and individuality of all people
- The professionalism of our staff
- Effective communication, including your feedback on our services
- Our approachability
You can expect:-
- A polite and informed service from all our staff
- Well trained security and cleaning staff who are friendly and happy to help
- A prompt response to all enquiries to centre management
- A continual review of new customer services that can be introduced
- A continual review as to how we can improve existing services
- A clean and safe shopping experience
- An environment that is accessible to all people
- A well maintained building
- Up to date and clear information on all our services, whether Social media or the centre website
- A member of staff is always available to discuss any queries
- All customers to be treated with respect
- We listen carefully so that we can understand and respond to your needs
- Us to resolve your query as soon as possible or provide details of the right person to help
- We listen to all customer feedback to improve the services we offer
- Us to ensure our services are accessible to all visitors
Help us to help you by:-
- Treat the centre facilities and property with due care
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- Comply with all instructions given by centre staff particularly in the event of an emergency